Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Room with NO view

I knew it was going to happen. I had been told every month since the dual surprise but I chose to ignore it. I built my little bubble around what I thought was going to happen and dared anyone or anything to burst it. Well, Monday afternoon it was burst. I am officially stuck in Idaho Falls until the babies are born.

The boys apparently decided  that they were getting really sick and tired of their close quarters and thought they would speed things up a bit. Blaine & I made a fast trip to IF to be told that I would be staying in the hospital or Idaho Falls for the duration of my pregnancy.I have stayed in the hospital for three days now and this afternoon I get to break out of this room with no view.


I have been monitored really close the last few days and I get to hear and see the heartbeats every few hours, which never gets old. Sorry about the blurred picture but after so trying so hard to get a good picture of the monitor, this is the best that I can get from a horizontal position. Both boys are doing great but Baby B (Still no names!Tick, tick, tick!!!)absolutely hates the monitor and will come out of his sleep to kick or hit it constantly. We thought at first he might have the hiccups but no, my little man is ANGRY! He will move around trying to avoid it and once it's there he will lay there and hit it the whole entire. I feel them move around a lot but it isn't until the monitors are on my stomach that I really see how much they are moving around. It's like my stomach has little waves in it with the occasional appendage poking up. It's kinda creepy but wonderful at the same time.


As of today, I am going to be moving into an apartment which I am really anxious about but it is SOOO much better than staying in the hospital. Richard and Betty were so gracious into talking me into it instead of the camper. Me, being my stubborn self, refused to even talk about anywhere else until the doctors said at least a month of being here. I'm pretty sure a camper would get old really fast for that length of time. I actually am going to have quite a bit of freedom. Dr. Hall is letting me to enjoy Idaho Falls (his word, NOT mine! Enjoy has never been a word I have associated with IF). I can go to the mall, the Greenbelt, etc. All of which I am very grateful for.

My dad had the GREATEST theory when I explained that I could be down here for at least 4 weeks and I didn't think that I could do it. He told me that with the sleeping pills that they were giving me, I technically couldn't count half of my day so I really only have 2 weeks left! I love that man!

However, with that great theory embedded in my head and it only being the third day, I am still struggling to keep it together. I have strawberries coming on that I was looking forward to making jam into, I had a few more weeks of spending time with Sam before school started, I left a huge mess in my office that I am absolutely horrified for anyone to see and not to mention the fact that I just want to be home! I want to do the best for the babies but my heart breaks when I think of being away from Sam and Blaine for so long.

Sam is being super strong but when he came to visit me after spending the day with Peggy, Jade, & Nancy at the zoo, I could tell that he was struggling. He kept moving his hat up and down on his forehead and wouldn't look at me, so of course, I started to cry and he told me that I needed to be strong for him. That cleared the tears quickly. I feel so bad that I can't be with him and I only hope that he will be okay and time goes by quickly.

As for Blaine, if it wasn't for a lot of people stepping in and offering their help, he would be a worse basket case then I. Last weekend, I was trying to set up people to watch Sam and basically have a little schedule to follow so that Blaine can just glance and proceed. I got a pretty good lecture about how he can handle it and for me not to waste my time on something so stupid. However, I'm thinking that Blaine is probably regretting that by now! Luckily, his parents are coming today and helping out which will relieve a lot of people from having to take care of Sam and it will help Blaine to be able to breathe a little.

I'm not sure whether I have internet access at the apartment, so I will keep this better updated when I am able. Until then, wish me luck and lots of sanity!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck sweetie! Now you're just down the road from me, so please call me if you are bored to tears and need an escape! 201-1199!!! Take good care of those precious babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy--you will do great! I know it seems like a long time....trust me, I have been there! Staying in Salt Lake was no walk in the park -- at Christmas no less, so just keep thinking "it could be worse!" I also know how you feel about leaving your husband and kid(s) at home! If you just want to talk, call me! I am here--just let me know what I can do. Hopefully the apartment is great -- I am sure it will be better than a camper! Keep the finish line in sight....it would be great if you could bring those two new babies home with you instead of staying in the hospital without you. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mandy - I am sorry your bubble was burst. Darn it. You have a great attitude, even with a horrible view. But like you said, once you hear those two heartbeats, it makes it all worth it. Hang in there. What a great family you have, I am sure they are loving the chance to help you.
    Good Luck with everything. And please, keep us all posted!

    ReplyDelete