Friday, September 9, 2011

The Joys of Shopping

Since Sam (the best helper in the world) has went to school, I am now attempting to do all my errands with the twins in tow. I haven't really taken them out in public a lot because.. well, because it is SO much work. I tried to grocery shop the other day and that was a joke!! It went like this...


Colton on hip, Alex in cart.
Colton too squirmy, traded places with the calmer child.
Colton, the escape artist, exits seat and is now trying to exit cart face first.
Alex grabbing items off shelf when I am attending to Colton.
Can't drive cart with stupid, gimpy arm, so switch Alex to different hip.
Almost drop Alex with stupid, gimpy arm, Colton screaming because of purposely too tight belt.
After small amount of groceries (which I only got half on what was on my list) unloaded from cart, I realize my purse is in car!! Are you kidding me!

Not to mention, the WHOLE time I am getting the freak show stares and questions from strangers. 
-"Wow, you have your hands full"  No shit!!
-"Are they both yours?" No, I am just a glutton for punishment! I randomly pick up babies to take shopping
-"You don't look like you could possibly have twins." 
If you had to grocery shop with these two, weight would drop like melted butter!
-"They don't look alike."  How astute...
-"My thirtieth cousin from my great-great aunt had twins" 
Excuse me, do I look like I give a crap? I kinda have my hands full!
-Either, "I would have loved twins" or "I want twins" You got the "loved" twins right! Love goes out the window as soon as you are pregnant with the little buggers (I am seriously kidding!) You want twins? Here are two right here for the taking!! I'll be expecting your call from the insane asylum in about two hours!
-"This one looks like Blaine but who does the other look like?" 
To which, I would love to answer, "My lover"

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!


Life would be so much simpler if I had a sign like this!

Fine Print: To those who are now questioning my love and devotion of my boys, I am completely in love with them and wouldn't trade them for anything in the whole wide world. Just was a crazy moment in my day!
To those who are now afraid to ask questions..don't be, I usually love the questions and the chance to show them off!

1 comment:

  1. Mandy I'm guessing you won't get this since this post is so old, but its the only way I can get a hold of you! I deleted facebook and I don't have your email address. I'm so glad you wrote on my blog though because just yesterday I was trying to find your contact info so I could tell you about the walk. I'm glad you're going! I'll look for you there.

    ReplyDelete