Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sambodini


Sam keeps me on my toes and I wouldn't have it any other way. I never knew being a mom could be so much fun and so draining at the same time. From day one, he was a mover and some things have never changed. During the toddler years, I was running at full steam keeping up with him and now that he is older, I'm mentally running at full speed. When family members have a busy child, they now refer to their kids as their "Sammy". Sometimes I wonder if they mean that as a good thing or the bane of their existence!

Sam is such a sweet boy, who would do anything for anyone. He sees things that I am ashamed of not seeing. When he was five, we drove past an older lady's house where she was shoveling her driveway and Sam wanted to help her. We got out and he shoveled like a champ for almost an hour and with his attention span that is an eternity! I was one proud mama that day. He is also a tease and a master manipulator. I swear he can bat his long eyelashes and everyone comes a running, especially the ladies. From the lunch ladies at the school to his own mother! He can get anyone to do anything.

Sam is the unofficial big brother of Jade, which he takes VERY seriously. He has come to Jade's rescue many times at school when Jade is having a bad day. In fact, Sam is the "go to kid" when Miss Hulet can't fix it. He has also shocked me in his acceptance of the twins. He is completely and totally in love with them. There has never been the "little green-eyed monster". Never. I am so proud of the way he has adapted to the new situation.  We love him so very much and so very grateful he is in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like everyone needs a "Sammy"...good or bad! =)

    ReplyDelete